NextFEM Designer has a modular structure to meet the needs of every user. The basic program, freely downloadable from this site, is licensed to the user also for commercial usage, with no charge.
Additionally, NextFEM Designer includes several paid modules that can be added to the main program, such as:
- General Design module, that allows the automatic generation of load combinations and the checking of all steel structures; mesher for solid structures;
- PON CAD Struct for design and structural checking of scaffolds and stages;
- AluCheck module, for the safety verification of framed aluminium structures;
- Reinforced Concrete module for checking of RC structures
- Non-linear module for any kind of NL analysis
- automatic generation of load combinations as per NTC2008 and Eurocode 3 (EN 1993-1-1) for Ultimate and Serviceability Limit States;
- checking of steel members as per NTC2008 and Eurocode 3 (EN 1993-1-1);
- checking of timber frames as per Eurocode 5 (EN 1995-1-1);
- exporting the model to SAP2000®;
- exporting the wireframe or extruded model in DXF format;
- mesher for solid elements.
NextFEM Designer is able to extrude in an accurate way the transversal section.
The Concrete Module allows to check all the Reinforced Concrete (RC) structures.
Firstly, the cross-section calculator is able to calculate all the types of sections, no matter their shape or their base material. For RC sections, the program supports the Parabola-rectangle and the bi-linear non-linear laws, and can account for the concrete tensile strength.
For steel, a customizable hardening ratio is available, for any Limit State evaluation.
In addition, strenght of transversal section subjected to fire can be evaluated on any type of geometry. The user can customize even the reduction curves used by the solver for strenght and/or stiffness of each component of the section.
Rebars for reinforced concrete members can be easily added by an intuitive interface. The program supports any rebar discretization, both for longitudinal reinforcements and stirrups.
Finally, the Concrete module performs the checking for beams, columns and walls with assigned rebar. The verification made is compliant with Eurocode 2 (EN 1992-1-1) recommendations.
For a quotation, follow this link.
A large variety of springs is available:
- gap and hook;
- bi-linear and tri-linear plastic laws;
- Pivot, Tomazevic-Lutman and ring-shape rules;
- symmetrical and unsymmetrical slip-type laws;
- and more…
Non-linear hinges, part of this module, are highly customizable. Through the simple scripting engine already available for verifications, hinges can be set-up with user-defined values, even with interaction domain between shear/moment and axial force.