Since v2.2 NextFEM Designer allows to share model and results between applications and PCs (local and remote) through the REST API Server (AutoREST technology).
To access a model opened in another PC, you can use the plugin REST API Client included with NextFEM Designer. Please follow these steps:
- the remote pc should have the REST API Server plugin started
- open REST API Client and specify the address of the remote computer (using IP instead of NTEBIOS name is advised), then press Connect
- If the program is able to connect, the buttons in Model and Results boxes become active.
Commands in the Model box:
- Get << retrieves the model from remote PC
- Send >> send the model to remote PC
- Merge << retrieves the model from remote PC and merge with existing
- Merge >> send the model to remote PC and merge with existing
Commands in the Results box:
- Get << retrieves all results form remote PC
- Send >> send all results to remote PC
- Merge << merge all remote results with the local ones (useful in case of Non-linear loadcase merging)
- Merge >> merge all local results with the remote ones on the remote PC.